On Feb 27, 3:32 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> > They don't have to generate their own software though, we have to tell
> > them to do that and specify exactly how we want them to do it.
>
> Not exactly.  AI learns from interactions which are not known to those who
> write the AI
> program.

...when we program them specifically to 'learn' in the  the exact ways
which we want them to. You can't really even say learning in any
strong sense, it's really only doing something recursively enumerating
something with a success criteria filter. It is no more learning than
a fishing net learns how to catch the biggest fish every time.

Craig