On Feb 27, 5:37 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> >> They can learn by higher level program modifications too, and those can
> >> also be random.
> >> So there is no evidence that their learning is qualitatively different
> >> from yours.
> > There is no such thing as evidence when it comes to qualitative
> > phenomenology. You don't need evidence to infer that a clock doesn't
> > know what time it is.
>
> Then I guess that means I don't need evidence to infer it does either.  It
> must be
> comforting to live in an evidence free world where your opinion is the the
> only standard.

If you believe that clocks know what time it is, and you need evidence
to convince you otherwise, then no amount of argument can persuade you
to common sense. I don't need any intellectual crutches to understand
that subjective phenomenology has a different standard of epistemology
than objective conditions.

Craig

Craig