On 2/27/2012 2:15 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Feb 27, 4:52 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
On 2/27/2012 1:09 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Feb 27, 3:32 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>    wrote:
On 2/27/2012 11:54 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
   AIs can generate their own software. That is the point of AI.
They don't have to generate their own software though, we have to tell
them to do that and specify exactly how we want them to do it.
Not exactly.  AI learns from interactions which are not known to those who
write the AI
program.
...when we program them specifically to 'learn' in the  the exact ways
which we want them to.
They can learn by higher level program modifications too, and those can also be
random.
So there is no evidence that their learning is qualitatively different from
yours.
There is no such thing as evidence when it comes to qualitative
phenomenology. You don't need evidence to infer that a clock doesn't
know what time it is.

Then I guess that means I don't need evidence to infer it does either. It must be comforting to live in an evidence free world where your opinion is the the only standard.