On Sun, Jul 1, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> There are incompatible from the "1-pov" ONLY if you assume there can be
>> only one Bruno Marchal
>>

> > "1-pov" means "1-pov" from the 1-pov view.

 That's real nice, but the predictions written down in advance were:

1) I Bruno Marchal will write in my diary "I Bruno Marchal am now in
Washington and only Washington".
2) I Bruno Marchal will write in my diary "I Bruno Marchal am now in Moscow
and only Moscow".

Without making silly assumptions like there can be only one Bruno Marchal
show me how these predictions were wrong from ANY perspective you care to
name.

> There is only one.

Even if there is "only one" I they third party outside observer agree with
you, the "1-pov" from the 1-pov view" about your diary entry and it's
accuracy.

> Even if I am duplicated into 10^100, all of them will have a unique pov.

If there were 10^100 cities then before the experiment you would write down
10^100  predictions in your diary and after the experiment all 10^100
Brunos would read what they had written in their diary and say "I was
right". So where is this "first person indeterminacy" you keep talking
about?

> >>  just look and see what was written in the diary before the experiment
> started, it's right there clear as a bell in black and white. So where is
> this spectral "first person indeterminacy" you keep talking about?
>
> > The incompatible experience "I feel to be in M" and "I feel to be in W".
> After the experience we can interview the two copies, and they will confirm
> it.

Yes, they will confirm that they feel exactly as they predicted they would
feel, and there was nothing incompatible in the prediction.

> > It helps to understand that from the 1-pov, the experience was not
> predictible.

You, Bruno Marchal,  are now in Washington and you write in your diary "I
Bruno Marchal am now in Washington and only Washington". Then you, Bruno
Washington, receive a fax from Bruno Moscow and see that he wrote in his
diary  "I Bruno Marchal am now in Moscow and only Moscow". Please show me
what was in error in the predictions from ANY point of view.

  John K Clark