On Tue, Jun 26, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Step 2 is that the diary of the one teleported does not mention the
> delays of reconstitution in absence of third person clue.

Obviously true.

> Step 3, is that no machine can predict the content of its personal future
> diaries content in self-multiplication experience.

Not counting quantum randomness the only reason the many diaries will be
different is that the many authors of those many diaries, you, end up in
different environments. So "step 3" is just a convoluted way of saying that
you can't always predict how environmental factors will change nor how
those factors will effect you, which is just a convoluted way of saying
that you never know what new things the universe will throw at you, which
is just a convoluted way of saying that predicting is hard, especially the
future.

> By the comp assumption, they can be copied and put in two different
> environments, so that they will differentiate,

Yes.

> and that is why they cannot predict their experience, even in a prior
> state of complete information of the issuing protocol.

If you really had complete information then you could make 2 predictions:

1) I Bruno Marchal will write in my diary "I Bruno Marchal am now in
Washington and only Washington".

2) I Bruno Marchal will write in my diary "I Bruno Marchal am now in Moscow
and only Moscow".

Both predictions will turn out to be 100% correct; a very odd situation
certainly but it is paradoxical only if you make the totally unwarranted
assumption that there can only be one Bruno Marchal, and without that
assumption assigning probabilities to the question "what city will I end up
in?" is pointless because "I" is not defined.

>Mot plausibly two minds because complex self-reference is chaotic and mind
> state diverge from very little difference.

Maybe, but I doubt if it's like the butterfly effect, I doubt if its quite
as sensitive as that, otherwise we would not be observing personality
traits in people that persist, largely unchanged, for many decades.

John K Clark