On 14 Jul 2012, at 15:37, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 7/14/2012 4:26 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 13 Jul 2012, at 20:26, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

On 07.07.2012 19:40 John Clark said the following:
On Sat, Jul 7, 2012  Evgenii Rudnyi<use...@rudnyi.ru>  wrote:

An interesting question is however, where resulting visual mental
concepts are located.

I find it about as interesting as asking where "big" or the number
eleven is located and shows the same profound misunderstanding of the situation on so many different levels that it's hard to know where to
begin.

The question where in physicalism numbers are located is also interesting indeed. If you know the answer, I would appreciate it.

As I just said to Stephen, numbers are not located anywhere. They are not physical entities.

Bruno

With this claim it follows that numbers cannot have *any* properties that we associate with physical entities. This is a problem!

Not if the physical appears to be a stable lawful collective hallucination of a class of universal numbers.

But tell me how with a neutral monism, so neutral as to avoid any properties at all for the basic entity, you are not making worse that very problem for your approach.