Le 17-juil.-12, à 19:05, Evgenii Rudnyi a écrit :

On 16 Jul 2012, at 21:05, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

On 14 Jul 2012, at 18:21, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

but it looks like that your motive is also close to the Game
of Life. What difference do you see in this respect?

With comp, after UDA, and supposing it is 100% valid, the choice
of the universal system for the ontology is arbitrary. The laws
of physics and the laws of mind are independent of it. So it is
better to use one which is far from looking physical so that when
we derive physics we diminish the possible confusions of level.
The game of life already used a two dimensional grid, and has a
notion of "physical" interaction build it, so I prefer to use the
numbers. But the GOL is quite OK in principle.

That is my problem. I do not understand how it would be possible to
 play chess in the Game of Life.

Like arithmetic, the game of life is Turing universal. So you can
program deep blue in the Game of life.

Bruno,

My question was a bit of different nature. I understand that one could use the Game of Life as programming environment. That is fine. Now with this environment we implement two Deep Blues and let them play with each other in chess. So there are are changing patterns in the Game of Life that we interpret as two Deep Blues playing chess with each other.

My question would be what is the meaning of this event. What does it mean that two Deep Blues are playing chess with each other in?

Is this the same when two people are playing chess with each other?

Why should it? Deep blues are not human, and most plausibly not Löbian, that is they have not enough self-referential abilities to be as conscious as us. They might have the universal disconnected sort of consciousness of all computer, though. But this does not change the point. Assuming comp, there are GOL pattern which can process my brain activity at the right level (which exists by comp). So there exists GOL pattern able to emulate human chess players, and in that case, it will be the same as two human playing chess.

Bruno

PS I have problem with my connection at home. I send this from another computer. I might be disconnected for awhile.

Evgenii