Hi Bruno,

There was a typing error in what I wrote originally. Please try it again.

On 8/4/2012 7:50 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
[SPK]
Yes, and that is exactly why I am asking you to reconsider the idea that "arithmetic is ontologically primitive"! When we reduce a class to the ontological primitive level (meaning that all else supervenes upon that class or some subclass thereof), then we make the relational structure of that class degenerate. We literally eliminate the meaningfulness of the class if we make it uniquely primitive. This is why a primitive class is denoted as "neutral". It cannot be "any particular thing", it is either "Everything" or "Nothing" or both simultaneously (depending on your pedagogical <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedagogical>stance).

I cannot give sense to that paragraph.

Are you familiar with the concept of degeneracy <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degeneracy_%28mathematics%29>?

--
Onward!