Even Binet, who invented the IQ-tests, insisted that it can be used only to separate debility and sanity, not to measure small differences. The paper is mute on the most difficult part to assess, like such a difference. I am not sure such comparision must be itself compared with other "drug", like making similar tests, assuminf they makes sense, which I doubt. How evolve the IQ of people looking everyday at TV, and "sober" people, or alcoholic? To be sure I have not yet found the most typical error in statistics in that field, so that paper might be less wrong than usual, but still not very convincing, especially in the conclusion. The policy does not make sense, especially that we are systematically dis-informed about the real outcomes of basically all medication/drugs, and this will last as long as people will accept the nonsensical prohibition (of food and drug) laws, something known to be anticonstitutional in the US since the start. So my first feeling on that paper: crap.

Bruno