Hmm like the old geezer with a Porsche, who can't sit in it, because of a
bad back, to compensate for the lifelong frustration of withholding that
pleasure? Enjoy stuff while we can, minimizing harm potential, no matter
how old imho.

I find the study designed to create news hysteria. The authors stay careful
not to make their claims overly seem "reefer madness"; but they know the
media will do that amplification for them, even given only the small
differences in results.

I felt throughout, that this is science in "lawyer mode". There's a sense
that they know where they want to go. Any statistician or lawyer will not
ask : "What do you honestly think is true?" but instead "Ok, so what do we
have, and where/how do we want to take this data and present?"

I'm still old fashioned, in that I find questionnaires and cognitive tests
on long term effects of drugs to be a bit ridiculous. Not one bit of
empirical evidence other than belief in people's statements and statistical
error correction (which you can lawyer-bend anyway). Evidence = what some
people said, no blood measurements to see if statements align with reality,
no external observation of frequency, dosages involved, kinds of cannabis
consumed, in what way, just what people say... Like if I walked into a
physics lab and said that I had evidence, because a friend, who I can't
disclose, told me that the standard model doesn't hold up. And I can't
explain why either, I have no basis or set of data for comparison, but my
result is scientific and valid.

With such low standards, one should get into drug research. Friends tell me
things too, and they are more reliable than strangers in a study.

And the media amplifies this as discovery with its adhd for advertising.

But its more nuanced than most attempts to bullshit people about such
complex things. So, it makes a good read for BS detector.