Hear Hear!

On 8/29/2012 10:03 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 29 Aug 2012, at 12:37, Richard Ruquist wrote:

I am of the opinion that recreational drugs should be the preserve of the retired folk. In fact in the USA with so many companies and the govt/military doing random testing
you may as well wait until retirement.

I don't believe in drugs.

A "drug" is just a product made illegal so that we can sell it 100 times its price, without quality controls, and by targetting mainly the kids, everywhere.

There are no drug problem, only a prohibition problem.

Drug addiction is nowadays easy to cure, with plant like salvia, or iboga, or even cannabis, which typically are not drugs, even if cannabis can lead some people to some habituation (but still not as grave as TV habituation).

The case of cannabis is different for cannabis is just hemp, the plant that we have cultivated the most on this planet, and it has been made illegal just because it was a natural competitor to oil and forest. There is a big amount of literature on this, and the fact that cannabis is still illegal is a frightening witnessing that most governement are hostage of criminals.

We know since 1974 that cannabis cures cancer, (american discovery hidden by Bush senior) but it is only since this has been rediscovered in Spain, that some media talk about it, but it does not yet make the headline. How many people died of cancer since? I can give you tuns of references and links on this, but the same lies continue.

The two most dangerous recreative "drug" are alcohol and tobacco. The bandits have tried to prohibit alcohol, but prohibition multiply a lot the dangerousness of the product, so they have to stop it. So now they make illegal innocuous product like cannabis, so this can last. The illegality of cannabis is a coup de genie. It deserves the Nobel prize in Crime.

And prohibition leads to new drugs which copy the one forbidden, like "wood-alcohol, or brew" when alcohol was prohibited. In Russia they have made a severe campaign against heroin, and the result is the apparition of krokodil, a very nasty, highly addictive substance, which make you die in terrible pain. In my country, to prevent the spreading of AIDS, they have unofficially legalize heroin: the result has been a drastic diminution of heroin consumption.

Prohibition is the problem, not "drugs". Black money is the problem, and worse, grey money, the investment of balck money in mundane finance, which is making the whole middle class, and the banks, into the hostage of the drugs mafia. Prohibition transforms the planet into a big Chicago.

And I was used to separate the "war on drugs" from the "war on terror", but since Obama signed the NDAA bill, I am changing my mind on this. I begin to think that the war on terror is as fake as the war on drugs. Pure fear selling business.

But thanks for the retired folk, Richard.
Now, I can hardly imagine that a bar will ask your identity cart for a beer, and refuses because you are 74 years old: "sorry, but you are to much young, wait for "growing up"" a little bit :)

Bruno