On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:34:22 AM UTC-4, Richard wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Is the universe expanding (at an accelerating rate)
> because it " excretes public entropy (space) as exhaust "?
> Richard

Yes, although it may not be the actual universe which is expanding but
rather the astrophysical level of our perception of the universe may be the
location where this expansion is most visible to us. In any case, there is
nothing actual for the universe to expand into, as space itself does not
exist until the matter of the universe defines it as space. It can be said
that rather than expanding, the ratio of entropy to signal is increasing.

Craig