On 8/29/2012 11:17 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:34:22 AM UTC-4, Richard wrote:

    Craig,

    Is the universe expanding (at an accelerating rate)
    because it " excretes public entropy (space) as exhaust "?
    Richard

Yes, although it may not be the actual universe which is expanding but rather the astrophysical level of our perception of the universe may be the location where this expansion is most visible to us. In any case, there is nothing actual for the universe to expand into, as space itself does not exist until the matter of the universe defines it as space. It can be said that rather than expanding, the ratio of entropy to signal is increasing.

Craig
Hi Craig,

What is the difference between the two? Ultimately, what we are talking about is just that set of fact that is incontrovertible among us.

--
Onward!

Stephen