On 31 Aug 2012, at 12:16, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

Yes, cannabis is moral when used to treat illneses.
But not moral (not health-enhancing) in all situations.

I agree.
Like mobile phones is moral when used to call an ambulance.
But not moral when driving a car, as it is shown to be dangerously distracting.

Few things are moral in all situations.

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
8/31/2012
so that everything could function."
From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-31, 06:03:20
Subject: Re: Is evolution moral ?

On 31 Aug 2012, at 10:54, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

If IMHO the moral is that which enhances life,
then not working tends to be immoral.

OK.
Again, this makes cannabis moral, as some (sick if you want) people come back through work thanks to it. usually people with parkinson, cancers, depression, .... (Cannabis cures more than 2000 diseases, and improves the condition of much more sickness and debilitating conditions). That was the point.

It is interesting to try to combine this definition
with evolution. You might enhance your own life
(and chance of generating more humans) by
defeating a competitor, but the overall outcome
would be a wash (be amoral). Not sure.

I think that in dealing with morality, the
whole group should be considered -- at
least from the viewpoint of a god.

OK.