From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-31, 06:03:20
Subject: Re: Is evolution moral ?

On 31 Aug 2012, at 10:54, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

If IMHO the moral is that which enhances life,
then not working tends to be immoral.

OK.
Again, this makes cannabis moral, as some (sick if you want) people come back
through work thanks to it. usually people with parkinson, cancers, depression,
.... (Cannabis cures more than 2000 diseases, and improves the condition of
much more sickness and debilitating conditions). That was the point.

It is interesting to try to combine this definition
with evolution. You might enhance your own life
(and chance of generating more humans) by
defeating a competitor, but the overall outcome
would be a wash (be amoral). Not sure.

I think that in dealing with morality, the
whole group should be considered -- at
least from the viewpoint of a god.

OK.

Bruno