Take for example the most primitive form of competition: the fight in a
tribe for a leader. You defeat your opponent using politics or a form of
ritualized violence (sorry for the redundancy). Then if you are the best
fit for the task and the competition is adequate, the overall fitness of
the group is enhanced. Therefore, if there is group selection, and our
ancestor had it, this kind of moral competition,  becomes a part of our
moral psichology. As a result this, in fact, is an integral part of the
inherent collaborative-competitive idiosincrasy of maleness. And it is
highly moral, that is, there is profound perceived feeling in these
activities of acting for the good of the group.

This is evident specially in the most primitive form of competition:
ritualized violence, now called sports. The sportive spirit of winner and
loser and the moral bond that unite both under the common good of his
country or under the concept of humanity or greek people in the antiquity
is a derivation of the spirit of internal competition for the good of the
tribe.

In other modern activities, for example in market competition, this spirit
is not so deep since this activity do not connect with our cognitive
habilities for core activities such is politics-defense-hunting, and
sports, as a derivation of the latter. In sports for example, envy is
absent, and sincere admiration is very common. This has a profund
evolutionary as well as moral sense.