On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> in (my) deterministic agnosticism everything is entailed (var: causal)

That belief is not consistent with the observation of real life. If that
were true we couldn't know anything until we knew everything, and clearly
we don't know everything but we do know something.

> I cannot argue that 'everything is causal

Neither can I, but I can argue that everything is causal or everything is
not causal. For reasons I don't understand this conclusion from the
commonplace use of elementary logic is surprising and controversial to
people around here.

> I have no discerning description of it. Life? I don't know what it is.

But I recognize life when I see it, and in general examples are much more
important than definitions. I can't define intelligence either, perhaps I'm
just not intelligent enough to do that, but I know of examples of it and
examples that seem to lack it.

  John K Clark