John C
I usually appreciate your ways... not in the post below.
The word 'causal' is ambiguous: in (my) deterministic agnosticism
everything is entailed (var: causal) but we know only part of the
circumstances of entailment. Even what we know is not so sure 'fits' the
infinite complexity BEYOND  our 'model' of the world - as we know it.
So while I cannot argue that 'everything is causal, I have no discerning
description of it. Life? I don't know what it is.

I see the "brick wall" you people run into by not identifying
(i.e. being able to) the terms you 'argue' about. Even w/o sense organs.
"Living things" ??? included just animals, plants, or also thoughts,
effects (that change), relations and who knows what else? I try not to be
walled in into *bio nor into sci-fi.*
Not even into conventional science figments.
Of course I don't have much to go on. That's MY agnostic position (curse or
pride) I took for myself after "knowing" everything (ha ha).

John M