From: Jason Resch
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-08, 16:24:35
Subject: Re: The poverty of computers

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

On 9/8/2012 10:17 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:12 AM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bruno makes a valid point, that you attack only the weakest, most ill
> conceived, notion(s) of God.?

It is my habit to attack only the weakest parts of ideas, attacking the
strongest parts seems rather counterproductive because they may actually be
true.?

You call yourself an atheist, which means you reject every notion of God, of
any religion, does it not?

A-theist means not believing a theist god exists;

Interesting, I was not aware that this level of distinction existed, but it
seems implied in first definition of "theist" here:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theist?s=t

However, the definition for "atheist" in the world English dictionary (lower on
the page here:?http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheist?s=t?)?

Simply says "A person who does not believe in God or gods".

Is there any word for someone who rejects both theism and deism?
?
one that's an extremely powerful person who wants to be worshipped and is
extremely concerned with how we behave, especially while nude.? An atheist
might believe in a deist god; one who created the world and then just left it
alone and isn't concerned with us.

I think such a person would more rightly label himself a deist in that case,
but we might be digressing too deeply into the?ubtleties?f language.

Jason