On 9/9/2012 2:21 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:41:37 PM UTC-4, Stephen Paul King wrote:

    Hi Craig,

    ��� Why are we even considering the thoughts of paranoids?
    Are they in control of our daily lives?

Hi Stephen,

I agree, I was responding to what Roger said about liberals:

 "ironically and paradoxically they see the world in terms of race.
Conservatives attempt to live by facts. I never
saw racism in what what I wrote until you brought
the subject up."

which sounded to me like 'conservatives aren't racist, liberals are', which - although conservative thought has some admirable virtues, I can say without hesitation that tolerance for racial and gender diversity is not one of them. That's why I brought up JBS and KKK, to show the absurdity of that claim, since the most racist hate groups are known to be political right wing extremists and not left wing extremists.

HI Craig,

The contest of recrimination is not winnable, but let's try for the sake of the discussion.

Personally I don't know of any left wing extremist groups in this country - not that there aren't any but even self-proclaimed anarchists seem to stay out of trouble.

    I guess that you have never heard of

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_First! <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_First%21>
2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Liberation_Front
3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpeace
4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students_for_a_Democratic_Society

need more?

In other parts of the world, there are certainly left-wing violent extremists but I don't guess that they are racially motivated in particular (unless maybe the distribution of wealth and power falls along racial lines in their area). What are the left wing presences in the US? Farmers markets? Small organizations that try to help people get birth control or protect people from being poisoned by industry?

It might be helpful if you laid out for us the definition of the terms that you are using. What exactly is left-wing and right-wing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics

    Why can't we just get along?

To my mind, while I can understand why liberals would be criticized as whiny, weak, and impractical, I think conservatives who do not understand why they are criticized as racist, anti-intellectual bullies are in deep denial or just sheltered from other viewpoints.

Craig

    From my point of view we need objectivity.

--
Onward!