From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-08, 13:30:43
Subject: Re: Re: Racism ? How's that implied ?

On Saturday, September 8, 2012 9:34:45 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:
 because ironically and
paradoxically they see the world in terms of race.
Conservatives attempt to live by facts. I never
saw racism in what what I wrote until you brought
the subject up.

Are you familiar with the KKK? The John Birch Society? Would you call those
liberal organizations? I don't want to get into a political flame war, but just
so you know, liberals do not see the world in terms of race, but they are
prejudiced against conservatives because they see them as people who are
unaware of their own ignorance of the facts and uncaring of the consequences of
that ignorance. Of course that may not be the case, but any of the hundreds of
millions of liberals who might read what you have written there will interpret
it in precisely that way.

Personally, my theory is that people generally imitate or contradict the
political orientation of the first strongly political person they are exposed
to in their life. Usually a parent or older sibling - if they like them, they
see the political world through their eyes, if they dislike them, they seek to
prove themselves unlike them. It's really that simple. Very few people research
politics methodically and impartially and formulate a set of opinions based on
'facts'.

Craig

Craig