There are different kinds of beliefs. The believer that has no strong
evidences,  know that he believe. He know that he believe.

The second kind of believer does not know that he believe, because he
live in a environment where the evidences are uncontested in the
environment where he lives. For example  a islamic comunity may find
unthinkable that the Koran is not truth word by word. In the same way,
 positivists 100 years ago could find unthinkable to question the law
of newtonian gravitation or the superiority of the white race
according with the anthropological scientists of his time.

These second kind of believers are the true believers.

 "Science" is a doxastic concept. it is too imprecise to be used in a
serious talk about  philosophical concepts, such is the concept of
truth. If you mean science as the scientific method by the criteria of
falsabilty, then science is not a criterium of truth, but a criterium
of non-truth. Not even that, because it does not states what is
non-truth now. Simply, is a method to decide it in the future if we
follow that method, and this is not guaranteed, because it is simply a
method. It is not a criteria.

Therefore, true science is perpetual scepticism. A follower of the
scientific method can not even discard that the myth of the virgin
Mary is true. On the contrary, positivism, or scientism, is a
perversion around the institution of science. It is a belief system of
the second kind.  Its founder, Auguste Compte wanted it to be a
state-promoted religion. And it is.