Freud thought that he had explained away God with his book "Moses and
Monotheism".
What he says in there is probably true, but just because you can give a reason
for something
doesn't mean that that's all there is to it. If something is true, it would be
suprising if
it did NOT show up as a social phenomenon. Or it did not show up in myth and
folk tales.

I call this the "nothing but" fallacy. It is the bread and butter of
atheists critics of religion. Sam Harris, Hitchens, Dawkins, and the other
atheist
critics made a good living based on this fallacy.

Simlilarly critics of the near death experience sometimes
explain away the near death experience as due to some
chemical that the brain exudes as death nears. To repeat,
if the near death esperience is real I would be surprised
if there WEREN'T a physical correlate.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/12/2012
so that everything could function."