From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-11, 12:47:05
Subject: Re: victims of faith

On 9/11/2012 5:58 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Roger Clough<rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> Hi meekerdb
>>
>> Science is science and religion is religion
>> and never the two shall meet.
>
> I'm not sure about this Roger. The goal of a true science and true
> religion, in my opinion, is the search of truth. In the Bah?'? Faith,
> it is said that a true science and true religion can never be in
> conflict.

The Pope says the same about Catholicism. But that didn't keep the Church from
saying
heliocentrism was false, evolution didn't happen, disease is caused by sin,...
The
problem with religion is that it doesn't test it's 'facts'.

Brent
To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous
as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin.
       --- Cardinal Bellarmine, 1615, letter to Paolo Frascioni

"The earth is flat. Whoever claims it is round is an
atheist deserving of punishment.
   ---Sheik Abdel-Aziz ibn Baaz, the supreme religious authority of
      Saudi Arabia, 1993, quoted by Yousef M. Ibrahim,
       The New York Times, 12 February 1993 Yes, that's 1993 CE, not BCE.