From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-11, 12:21:57
Subject: Re: Re: victims of faith

On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:49:31 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:
Hi meekerdb

How can you demythify something that actually happened ?

Jesus really died on the cross and was resurrected.

You do know that there are many historians who question the existence of a
historical Jesus. As far as I know, the evidence is spotty and suggests that he
could easily have been a fictional composite of various teachers who lived in
the wake of the Axial Age. I tend to give Jesus and crucifixion  the benefit of
the doubt, but I really have no evidence for that. Apparently there is no
mention of his existence or crucifixion in Roman history from that time. Who
knows? Personally I don't get the point of the resurrection. He walked around
for a while - proving that he survived death..ok, cool. Then what? He
disappears up to heaven, leaving humanity to its own horrendous devices
indefinitely with a promise to return? I do like what Jesus is quoted as having
said. As some point out, "Jesus christ was a bleeding heart, long-haired,
peace-loving, anti-establishment, liberal hippie freak with strange ideas".

Craig

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/11/2012
so that everything could function."