On 9/14/2012 9:04 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Alberto G. Corona
That's why I stick to orthodoxy and the creeds.
Hard to go wrong that way.

Hi Roger,

But you do so at the real risk of ossification. You stop asking questions, thinking that "I know all that can be known". This becomes "fear of the unknown".

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
9/14/2012
so that everything could function."

    *From:* Alberto G. Corona <mailto:agocor...@gmail.com>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-09-14, 07:27:26
    *Subject:* Re: Re: victims of faith

    Roger: right
    But there are two types of people: the ones that know that believe,
    that know that they are unfounded and the others that believe that
    known, who don磘 know that they are unfounded

    2012/9/14 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net
    <mailto:%20rclo...@verizon.net>>:
    > Hi Alberto G. Corona
    >
    > All religious beliefs are at the bottom unfounded.
    > So is the fact that you are real unfounded.
    > All scientific theories moreover are founded on assumptions,
    > which by definition are unfounded.
    >
    > Need I go on ?
    >

    > Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:%20rclo...@verizon.net>
    > 9/14/2012
    > Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him
    > so that everything could function."
    > From: Alberto G. Corona
    > Receiver: everything-list
    > Time: 2012-09-13, 14:45:42
    > Subject: Re: victims of faith
    >

    > 2012/9/13 Stathis Papaioannou :
    >> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
    >>> There is no difference at all between religious mitifications
    and other
    >>> mitifucatuons . See form, example the paper about Darwin that
    I posted.
    >>> religion is a label that appears when the mith is old enough
    it has enough
    >>> believers and the object of mitification is far away in time.
    >>>
    >>> People are reluctant to admit that they have unfounded
    beliefs. Specially if
    >>> they have been educated in the belief that any belief is bad
    and into the
    >>> belied that they have no beliefs. But to have a commong ground
    of beliefs is
    >>> a prerequisite for individual and social life. I think that my
    theory of
    >>> social capital, mytopoesis and belief and the assimilaion of
    good and truth
    >>> is sound in evolutuionary terms, and provides a
    factual/operation definition

--
Onward!

Stephen