From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-14, 15:32:46
Subject: Re: Re: the "nothing but" fallacy.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Roger Clough  wrote:

> You're a slow learner.

Maybe, but I'm smarter than the people in the Bible. As Bertrand Russell said
"So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of
intelligence."

> Bible stories are generally based on true happenings.

Do you believe that the stories in Mother Goose are generally based on true
happenings too? I know there are no reasons to believe either one but faith
don't need no education, or reasons.

> Science deals with facts, religion deals with values.

Values? One of the best ways to become a atheist is to actually read the Bible,
so let's go directly to the source and read some quotations from the Bible and
see some of those wonderful values that it teaches:

Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the Lord against the
sun.
Numbers 25:4

The LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of
man, and the firstborn of beast.
Exodus 13:15

Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers.
Isaiah 14:21

And the priest shall dip his finger in some of the blood, and sprinkle it seven
times before the LORD.
Leviticus 4:17

And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall
ye eat.
Leviticus 26:29

Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the
sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof,
with the edge of the sword.
Deuteronomy 13:15

Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all
that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and
suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.?
1 Samuel 15:2-3

Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you,
bring them out unto you, an do ye to them as is good in your eyes.
Genesis 19:8

And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her ....
Thou shalt go in unto her. Deuteronomy 21:11-13

The LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above
all people that are upon the face of the earth.
Deuteronomy 7:6

I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children.
Leviticus 26:22

And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their
daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend.
Jeremiah 19:9

For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to
death.
Leviticus 20:9

The Lord is a man of War.
Exodus 15:3

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.?

Psalms 137:9

People lamented because the Lord had smitten many people in a great slaughter.
1Samuel 6:19

Smite through the loins of them that rise against him...that they rise not
again.
Deuteronomy 33:11

And thou shalt eat the fruit of? thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of
thy daughters, which the Lord thy God hath given thee.
Deuteronomy 28:53

? John K Clark