On 13 Sep 2012, at 15:36, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Alberto G. Corona <agocor...@gmail.com > wrote:

I just gave a positivistic argument to convince people that adhere to the positivistic faith. That does not mean that I´m materialist nor positivist.

Positivism, whatever else it is, is not "faith". "Faith" is when you
believe something in the absence of evidence.

Hmm... I would not say that. This is more what many would call "blind faith", which should be avoided, imo.

I would say that faith is when you intuit, feels, trust, suspect, ... a proposition, without being able to give a justification, or direct strong evidence.