From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-14, 13:10:59
Subject: Re: victims of faith

On 9/14/2012 6:10 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
> The "evidence" has strong indications of being manipulated for the purpose of
> political agenda.

It is certainly cherry-picked by minions of the fossil fuel industry.

> The way that the sensors are distributed and their data is weighed is the
> subject of a
> lot of controversy

Which has been addressed by direct comparison of different sensors. Of course
the fossil
fuel industry doesn't have to prove anything, they just create fake controversy
and take
advantage of the provisional nature of all science.

> We do not have models that are accurate enough to even accurately retrodict
> the
> variation in temperatures so why are we trusting them in their predictions?.

Because whatever other factors there are it is straightforward to predict that
increasing
atmospheric CO2 will increase temperatures, something already calculated by
Arrhenius in
1890. Burning fossil fuel releases CO2 into the atmosphere. The concentration
of CO2 is
increasing proportionately. Measured temperatures are increasing.