On 9/16/2012 12:35 PM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
Hi Stephan,

I would like to quibble about your statement:
"For God, all things are given but once and there is no need to
"compute the relations" .
in terms of the OMEGA Point (OP).

Hi Richard,

A good friend of mine (who I was just talking to a moment ago) and I once gave a talk on Tipler's OP theory. I am quite familiar with it.

Both in MWI and SWI, God (or whatever mechanism) is able to compute the OP.

Yes, the computation occurs in the Unitary evolution of total quantum wave function of the Universe - All that exists. This leads to a nice equation H=0. This is the "Wheeler-Dewitt Equation. We see something very interesting in this equation. The time variable t vanished (becomes zero). This has the effect of making the unitary evolution equivalent to a "automorphism <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automorphism>".

"Inmathematics <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics>, an*automorphism*is anisomorphism <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isomorphism>from amathematical object <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_object>to itself. It is, in some sense, asymmetry <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetry>of the object, and a way ofmapping <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_%28mathematics%29>the object to itself while preserving all of its structure. The set of all automorphisms of an object forms a group <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_%28mathematics%29>, called the*automorphism group*. It is, loosely speaking, thesymmetry group <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetry_group>of the object."

But I suspect that the computation is not once and for all
due to human and other (even spiritual) consciousness exercising free choice.

And I agree with this suspicion! We have free will exactly because our "existence" as finite creatures that find ourselves in physical shells and so all kinds of things is exactly described "somewhere" in that set of automorphism. The question that we need to ask is: What is it that break the total global symmetry of the Universe such that I have this notion of freedom to chose from a set of alternatives that seems equivalent in value to me -all other things being equal?

    What is is that breaks that symmetry?

As a result God must have to continually compute OP,
especially if SWI is the physical reality.

No, I am claiming *we are pieces of the computation* and to us it looks like it is many computations that seem to have nothing at all to do with each other and these computations can be arbitrarily extended if certain conditions are met.

It may be that the MWI computation is 'once and for all',
if MWI are the multiple physical realities.
But then there will be multiple OPs as well.

There are many and there is only one. The Many is the collection of fractured and broken collection of Images of the One.

Richard

--
Onward!

Stephen