On 9/18/2012 9:03 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

Thinking about mereology....and Leibniz...
Since a monad is a whole, it can't have parts, so
you can't break it into parts. That's in fact the definition
of a monad, a whole without parts. So while some, including
Leibniz, speak of man or whatever as being a "colony
of monads", I am having difficulty seeing that, if a monad
has no parts.
Also, Leibniz himself speaks of monads within monads within
monads, so I obviously am missing something.
It may be that you speak only over a range of resolution.
It's still a puzzle.
Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
9/18/2012
Dear Roger,

The trick is to solve the puzzle. The decomposition of a monad only yeilds other complete and different monads. Never is there any "pieces". A whole is indistinguishable from a part, in the logic of monads. They are infinite! Thus they behave as such.

--
Onward!

Stephen