On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The spark plugs don't fire in response to the will of the driver, the brain
> does. This isn't magic, this is the ordinary process by which we participate
> in the world in every waking moment of our lives. It is not the same.
> Building a car that you can drive with your mind is one thing, building a
> car that can predict where you want to drive to next month is completely
> different.

But the atoms in the food I ate for dinner that will be incorporated
into my brain don't know what I'm going to do next month. All they
have to do is behave like every other carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen etc.
atom in the universe. Whatever my brain does, it does it with those
interchangeable components.

--
Stathis Papaioannou