Hi Roger:

... and cognitive science , which study the hardware and evolutionary
psychology (that study the software or mind) assert that this is true.

The Kant idea that even space and time are creations of the mind is crucial
for the understanding and to compatibilize the world of perceptions and
phenomena with the timeless, reversible,  mathematical  nature of  the laws
of physics that by the way, according with M Theory, have also dualities
between the entire universe and the interior of a brane on the planck scale
(we can not know if we live in such a small brane).

I donĀ“t assume either if  this mathematical nature is or not the ultimate
nature or reality

Probably the mind (or more specifically each instantiation of the mind
along the line of life in space-time) make  use a sort of duality in
category theory between topological spaces and algebraic structures (as
Stephen told me and he can explain you) .

For the perception of time or for the ordering of past events in time since
future events are unknown due to the increasing entropy, the mind would
make use of another mathematical structure with a relation of order.

Alberto

2012/10/6 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net>

> http://www.friesian.com/kant.htm
>

> Kant's "Copernican Revolution"
>
> " Kant's most original contribution to philosophy is his "Copernican
> Revolution,"
> that, as he puts it, it is the representation that makes the object
> possible
> rather than the object that makes the representation possible. This
> introduced
> the human mind as an active originator of experience rather than just a
> passive
> recipient of perception. Something like this now seems obvious:  the mind
> could
> be a tabula rasa, a "blank tablet," no more than a bathtub full of silicon
> chips
> could be a digital computer. Perceptual input must be processed, i.e.
> recognized,
> or it would just be noise -- "less even than a dream" or "nothing to us,"
> as Kant
> alternatively puts it.  "
> .
>
> Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
> 10/6/2012

> From: Craig Weinberg
> Receiver: everything-list
> Time: 2012-10-05, 10:42:30
> Subject: Re: A "grand hypothesis" about order, life, and consciousness
>

> On Friday, October 5, 2012 7:05:06 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:
>

> So it is reasonable to define life as that which can produce order
> out of chaos" *. Since at least higher living beings
> also possess consciousness, my "grand" hypothesis is that
>
> life = consciousness = awareness = producing order out of chaos.
>

> I agree Roger. I would add to this understanding however, a logarithmic
> sense of increasing quality of experience.
>
> human experience = consciousness > animal experience = awareness >
> microbiotic experience = sensation > inorganic experience = persistence of
> functions and structures.
>
> I would not say producing order out of chaos because I think that chaos is
> not primordial. Nonsense is a mismatch or attenuation of sense, not the
> other way around. Order cannot be produced from chaos unless chaos
> implicitly contains the potential for order...which makes the production of
> orderly appearance really just a formality.
>
> Craig

Alberto.