Hi Bruno Marchal

IMHO all life must have some degree of consciousness
or it cannot perceive its environment.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net

From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-10-17, 10:13:37
Subject: Re: Continuous Game of Life

On 16 Oct 2012, at 18:37, John Clark wrote:

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM, meekerdb  wrote:

 >>  If consciousness doesn't do anything then Evolution can't see it, so how
 >> and why did Evolution produce it? The fact that you have no answer to this
 >> means your ideas are fatally flawed.

> I don't see this as a *fatal* flaw.  Evolution, as you've noted, is not a
> paradigm of efficient design.  Consciousness might just be a side-effect

But that's exactly what I've been saying for months, unless Darwin was dead
wrong consciousness must be a side effect of intelligence, so a intelligent
computer must be a conscious computer. And I don't think Darwin was dead wrong.

Darwin does not need to be wrong. Consciousness role can be deeper, in the
"evolution/selection" of the laws of physics from the coherent dreams
(computations from the 1p view) in arithmetic.