On 10/25/2012 5:16 PM, smi...@zonnet.nl wrote:
Citeren Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>:

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:58:33 PM UTC-4, smi...@zonnet.nl wrote:

You can identify a particular qualia with certain computational states
of algorithms. All you need to do to (in principle) decide if a system
is "experiencing the color red" is to see if the right algorithm is
being executed.

That may not even be the case at all. In people who are blind from birth,
activity in their visual cortex is perceived as tactile experience.

That then means that the right algorithm isn't executed. I don't think one can argue against this, as having a mathematical description of Nature implies this.

I can agree with both of you but I have to ask you, Saibal, what is it that matches up the math with the first hand experience?