On 11/2/2012 12:23 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
How can anything emerge from something having non properties? Magic?

Dear Bruno,

Why do you consider "magic" as a potential answer to your question? After thinking about your question while I was waiting to pick up my daughter from school, it occurred to me that we see in the Big Bang model and in almost all cosmogenesis myths <https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=3&tok=1XoTsmBbCpme0mnC57FQ9Q&cp=18&gs_id=3&xhr=t&q=cosmogenesis+myths&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=cosmogenesis+myths&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=41b2cca49596839e&bpcl=37189454&biw=1527&bih=812> before it, an attempt to answer your question. Do you believe that properties are innate in objects? If so, how do you propose the dependency on measurement, to 'make definite' the properties of objects that we see in quantum theory, works? My pathetic claim is that properties emerge from a 'subtractive process' (hat tip to Craig) between observers and that the One (totality of what exists) has all possible properties simultaneously (hat tip to Russell Standish). I have never understood what aspects of QM theory are derivable from COMP. Do you have any result that show the general non-commutativity between observables of QM, or do you just show that the linear algebraic structure of observables (as we see in Hilbert spaces) can be derived from 1p indeterminacy? The linear properties and the general non-commutativity properties of operators (representing physical observables) are not the same thing...

--
Onward!

Stephen