On 02 Nov 2012, at 20:48, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 11/2/2012 12:23 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
How can anything emerge from something having non properties? Magic?

Dear Bruno,

Why do you consider "magic" as a potential answer to your question? After thinking about your question while I was waiting to pick up my daughter from school, it occurred to me that we see in the Big Bang model and in almost all cosmogenesis myths before it, an attempt to answer your question. Do you believe that properties are innate in objects?

The arithmetical property of numbers are innate to the numbers, logic and the laws we assume.

If so, how do you propose the dependency on measurement, to 'make definite' the properties of objects that we see in quantum theory, works?

QM is not part of the theory.

My pathetic claim is that properties emerge from a 'subtractive process' (hat tip to Craig) between observers and that the One (totality of what exists) has all possible properties simultaneously (hat tip to Russell Standish).

?

I have never understood what aspects of QM theory are derivable from COMP.

Then study UDA. You must understand that the *whole* of physics is derivable, not from comp, but from elemntary arithmetic only. This is what is proved from comp. Ask question if you have a problem with any step.

Do you have any result that show the general non-commutativity between observables of QM,

Yes. That is testable in the Z1* comp "quantum" logic. It has not yet been completely justified, as the statement involve too many nesting of modal operator to be currently tractable.

or do you just show that the linear algebraic structure of observables (as we see in Hilbert spaces) can be derived from 1p indeterminacy?

Both.

The linear properties and the general non-commutativity properties of operators (representing physical observables) are not the same thing...

Of course. But the whole physics is given by the first order extension of the Z and X logic. This is necessary if we assume comp and the classical theory of knowledge (S4).