On 11/5/2012 9:22 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King

No, the 3p view is what is there then, or there-then.
Anything objective, such as some algorithm,
could be spoke of as within the 3p.

Dear ROger,

'Where' and 'when' are meaningless unless specified. This renders 3p empty unless it can be a 1p of some entity.

The 1p view is subjective (here, now or here-now).
Thus the buddhists, yogis and mystics advise
us to be "here now". Buddhists I think call that

    Yes, by definition.

Leibniz treats 1p in a somewhat more complicated
way as actually being objective, not only in
the form of snapshots, but as snapshots taken
from all the other monads in the universe, ie

    Yes, monads = percepts for Leibniz

Leibniz also speaks of perceptions of the perceptions
as "apperceptions", but I have not completely figured these out.
The bottom line is that the apperceptions are what we
"normally" see and identify of as actual in the usual sense.

I think that L's apperceptions <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apperception> are "the process by which new experience is assimilated to and transformed by the residuum of past experience of an individual to form a new whole." and "the introspective or reflective apprehension by the mind of its own inner states."
These are the internal dynamics of Monads.

Roger Clough,rclo...@verizon.net 11/5/2012