Richard,

On 10 Dec 2012, at 16:17, Richard Ruquist wrote:

Roger Bruno,
How is consciousness related to god?
It seems like the beginning of an infinite god regression.

God = Truth (Plato). OK? With the CTM, arithmetical truth is enough (and a tiny provable part is enough for the ontology).

I would say that consciousness is a form of knowledge.
Knowledge intersects belief and truth. (It is a private undefinable notion, with CTM). The knower in you is the "inner God", which is God restricted by the universal window of your brain/body.

I don't know if God (truth) is conscious, but without God (truth) I doubt I could be conscious, even if most of the content of my consciousness is wrong (except on the indubitable fixed point, and perhaops the sharablke oart of math, arithmetic, perhaps).

I have no certainties, and that is why I use the arithmetical translation of Plotinus in such conversation, with
God = Arithmetical Truth
Believable = (sigma_1) provable = universal (Löbian) machine
Knowable = the same, but true (unlike proved) = the inner god = the universal soul intelligible matter = the same as 'believable", but together with consistence
sensible matter = the same as intelligible matter, but as true

That gives eight modalities, as they divided by incompleteness (except God and the Soul).

If Gödel's incompleteness theorem was wrong, all those modalities would collapse. Despite the modalities extension is the same set of arithmetical propositions, the machine cannot knows that, and this change drastically the logic of the modalities. Roughly speaking, "God" obeys classical logic, the "Universal Soul" obeys intuitionist logic, and the two matters obeys (different) quantum logics, perhaps even linear (with some luck!)

Bruno

Richard