On 13 Dec 2012, at 16:50, Richard Ruquist wrote:

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
My prejudice is that the projection from dreams of the mind is to a
unique physical universe rather than every possible one.

On the contrary. It leads to many-dreams, and it is an open question if this leads to a multiverse, or a multi-multiverse, or a multi-multi- multiverse,
etc.

Is CTM
capable of such a projection even if it is not Occam?

CTM predicts it a priori. And it is OCCAM, in the sense that it is the simplest conceptual theory (just addition and multiplication of non negative
integers).

Bruno, I presume here you mean that CTM predicts many dreams a priori.

OK. Many dreams, and the feeling to belong to only one dream/reality.

Is the projection to one SWI universe and/or multiple MWI universes
also predicted a priori?

Yes. From the first person perspective. It predicts also the trace of the "many" (dreams/realities/worlds) once we look below our comp substitution level. The projection is no magic: it is like in the Moscow/Washington duplication. Once the copies open the reconstitution boxes, they can only observe Moscow OR Washington---exclusive OR.

My concern is that consciousness is
predicted at the many dreams stage before projection and that
consciousness could decide (a risky term) on a single SWI physical
universe with quantum probability.

Well, CTM predicts this, but with the CTM probabilities, which are not yet well computed. If they differ from the QM probabilities, this would make CTM in difficulties.

In other words, the realm of "many dreams" contains all possible
eigenfunctions at various amplitudes. But in my view, if all
eigenfunctions become real in different physical worlds, the amplitude
information is lost despite Deutsch's "measure" argument. That is,
amplitude information is only conserved as frequency of events in a
single physical world integrated over many trials. For Deutsch's
argument to be correct the same "many worlds" eigenfunctions must
exist in every universe of the multiverse, which in my mind makes the
MWI multiverse an illusion.

The "many-worlds" eigenfunctions can be addressed with the frequency operator of Graham, Preskill, and are indeed the same in all universe, even in the Harry Potter universe. QM is invariant in the multiverse. Even if I find myself in a Harry Potter universe where I saw a billions particle in the 1/sqrt(2)(up + down) all the time being up, I have to bet on 1/2 for the next one. Everett already show that such relative probabilities does not depend on the choice of the basis, nor on my "place" in the multiverse. With CTM you can say that the multiverse is an illusion: only (N, +, *) is real, and the multiverse itself is a construct of the mind of numbers to figure out the local arithmetical reality. But then the moon is also an illusion. There might also be clusters of different multiverses. We are only at the beginning of the exploration of arithmetic.