On 13 Dec 2012, at 14:06, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

As an aside, my resistance to the idea that there is only one truth
comes from partisans claiming that their idea of truth is the only
one.

Those are the bastards we have to fight.

That there is one truth is only a bet on universality. But a faith in such a truth can only be given by the right for any individual to question any currently proposed truth, in metaphysics, and the most rigorous defense of liberty of thought and expression.

The unique truth is the one we search, not the found anyone could say I got it (except perhaps a philosopher but then he deserves the bad reputation). Publicly we can only propose theory, which really means "question".

For example, atheists claim that God cannot exist because that existence
is scientifically unproveable.

I don't think atheist are that dumb. The non existence of God is also not scientifically provable. Our own consciousness, which few doubt the existence, is, in many theory, non scientifically provable. That the sun will rise tomorrow is also non scientifically provable "out of theory".

The atheists believe in the God Matter, (a primary physical universe) and they believe that there are no other Gods.

I agree. Instead, as a Christian, I believe that the Word
is the truth that God has revealed of himself, which is also a definition of Jesus.

Hmm... I should try wine but my experience is that I got liver problem with the legal drugs. I might imagine here a parabolic description of the Dx ="xx" trick.

But that dioes not mean that spiritual truth can explain evolution or the Big
Bang.

I beg to differ on this.

So I have no conflicts with science as long as I  keep in mind what
kind of truth is referred to.

There is one truth. Let us search it.

In the theory of chakras truth is the chakra near the vocal chords,
meaning that truth is in words.  Or communicable truth is in words,
but the heart knows many truths solipsistically that cannot
be accurately be communicable or proveable.

The heart knows a lot! But there are many path to truth, many many paths. they should not be confused with the truth.

You would not be glad if the pilot of the plane told you that as he want to be fair, just and objective, he will let the passengers drive the plane.

Truth is a queen which win all the wars, without any army, even without words. But no bodies at all can ever say to *know* it. Every bodies can propose a theory, which is only a question.

That being the case, and if the Kingdom of God is within us,
the One can provide us individually with personal truths,
such as my identity or memory,

Correct, but even this is no proof, as the Devil can do the same.

which I suggest are only
true for me,

There is a sense in which if they are really true for you, that truth is true for God, and so for everyone even if they cannot know it.

giving another branch of the necessary truths
besides those of logic.

Logic is poor, but with the numbers (and +, and *), you get already the universal mess. God get lost but perhaps his Mother cares.

Which would be the wordless truths
of Goodness and of Beauty.

Plausibly.

Bruno