On 12/13/2012 11:46 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

2012/12/13 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>>

    On 12/13/2012 10:46 AM, John Clark wrote:
    On Wed, Dec 12, 2012  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net

        > Copenhagen said the choice is made by the experimenter and apparently
        agrees with this because he thinks it's significant that his AI is

    No Deutsch does not agree with this, I know because I've talked to him
about it. In
    the many worlds interpretation neither choice nor consciousness nor mind in
    have anything to do with the way the laws of physics work, however in order
    devise a experiment that attempts to prove that Many Worlds makes better
    predictions than other interpretations where mind is important it is
    necessary to incorporate mind into the experiment.

    Which agrees with my point that the experiment is only designed to test the
    theory that consciousness collapses the wave-function.  Rejecting Wigner's
    interpretation (which he dropped later anyway) is not the same as proving

Isn't that prove wrong any collapse explanations ?

No it just proves wrong theories that say the conscious knowledge of the quantum computer, which is not erased, collapses the wf. That's why I say I'd like to see the experimental setup or at least the theoretical Hamiltonian. Suppose the interference fringes are observed - then we say OK erasing the which-way, but keeping the some-way, information is possible. Suppose the interference fringes aren't observed - then we say it isn't really possible (with the given experiment anyway) to erase the which-way information and keep the some-way information. Although the AI doesn't know which-way, the information is 'out there' just like in the buckyball Young's slit experiment.