On 12/13/2012 10:46 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Wed, Dec 12, 2012  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
<mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    > Copenhagen said the choice is made by the experimenter and apparently
Deutsch
    agrees with this because he thinks it's significant that his AI is conscious

No Deutsch does not agree with this, I know because I've talked to him about it. In the many worlds interpretation neither choice nor consciousness nor mind in general have anything to do with the way the laws of physics work, however in order to devise a experiment that attempts to prove that Many Worlds makes better predictions than other interpretations where mind is important it is obviously necessary to incorporate mind into the experiment.

Which agrees with my point that the experiment is only designed to test the Wigner theory that consciousness collapses the wave-function. Rejecting Wigner's interpretation (which he dropped later anyway) is not the same as proving MWI.