On Wed, Dec 12, 2012  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Copenhagen said the choice is made by the experimenter and apparently
> Deutsch agrees with this because he thinks it's significant that his AI is
> conscious

No Deutsch does not agree with this, I know because I've talked to him
about it. In the many worlds interpretation neither choice nor
consciousness nor mind in general have anything to do with the way the laws
of physics work, however in order to devise a experiment that attempts to
prove that Many Worlds makes better predictions than other interpretations
where mind is important it is obviously necessary to incorporate mind into
the experiment.

  John K Clark