On 12/13/2012 2:33 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 12/13/2012 9:46 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
So I have no conflicts with science as long as I  keep in mind what
kind of truth is referred to.

There is one truth. Let us search it.

There are many true propositions, but I don't think they can be collected in a coherent 'one truth'.

I agree with this statement 100%. I see it as having long range implications and why it is the case should be understood. I have tried to argue an informal proof of this idea in terms of the impossibility of determining SAT for the Boolean algebraic representation of 'all that exists', but it seems that no one understands or is willing to discuss the argument. I see it as eliminating the possibility of the a priori or ontologically fundamental fixed structure such as what *Parminides *or Plato would have us believe. This is where I disagree mostly with Bruno.

--
Onward!

Stephen