From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-13, 16:18:36
Subject: Re: the truth of science and the truth of religion

On 12/13/2012 2:33 PM, meekerdb wrote:

On 12/13/2012 9:46 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
So I have no conflicts with science as long as I  keep in mind what
kind of truth is referred to.

There is one truth. Let us search it.

There are many true propositions, but I don't think they can be collected in a
coherent 'one truth'.

    I agree with this statement 100%. I see it as having long range
implications and why it is the case should be understood. I have tried to argue
an informal proof of this idea in terms of the impossibility of determining SAT
for the Boolean algebraic representation of 'all that exists', but it seems
that no one understands or is willing to discuss the argument. I see it as
eliminating the possibility of the a priori or ontologically fundamental fixed
structure such as what Parminides or Plato would have us believe. This is where
I disagree mostly with Bruno.