On 12/19/2012 11:12 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 12/19/2012 1:46 PM, meekerdb wrote:
On 12/19/2012 6:58 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Craig Weinberg
Conservatives don't want NO govt.
They want minimal govt.

I think you're confused; that's Libertarians. Conservatives always vote for more government control over individual behavior and more money for the military (that protects their world wide business interests).

It's the far left (the occupy movement, who are anarchists)
that want no govt.

That's why I think there should be a left/libertarian alliance for personal liberty and limited government.

Hi Brent,

I wish you where correct, but the facts tell us that the left is incapable of not seeing the State and thus government as its Deity and almighty benefactor.

That's because the federal government was the instrument of freeing the slaves, over turning Jim Crow, giving women the vote and equal rights. No corporation ever supported personal or civil rights - the only rights they ever support are the right to pollute, to hire and fire, to discriminate, and not to pay taxes. The only libertarians I respect are those that oppose corporatism as well as statism.

Brent
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the
merger of state and corporate power."
         --- Benito Mussolini.