From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-02, 14:13:35
Subject: Re: The evolution of good and evil

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:57:34 PM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 02 Jan 2013, at 02:01, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Chemotherapy Good or Evil?

Better than nothing for most people having some disease.
Worst than THC injection, plausibly for the same group of people.

Here the Evil is only in the fact that minorities hides information from the
majority, and this for the minority's interests.
This leads to harmful consequences for the majority.

Bruno

I was thinking more of how chemotherapy is ambiguous as far as it being
something which can enhance life by inevitably diminishing it, but sure, the
politics of it is an issue also.

If I had to get into a definition of good and evil I would go more toward a
political direction - senseless inequality of power tends to lead to corruption
and crime. Crime and corruption tends to lead to scapegoating or a misuse of
sense. The combination of corrupt actions and distortion of truth to cover them
up is probably as close to evil as I can think of.

Evil = Abusive social contact.