On 1/4/2013 3:32 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>> wrote:

    On 1/3/2013 10:13 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:

    On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net
    <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>> wrote:

        Hi meekerdb
        Although a brilliant logician, Russell was far left (no doubt a
        communist and so anti-christian).  His diatribe against
        Christianity
        is a prime example. It's totally misinformed and mistaken.
        Ethics is, at bottom, loving your neighbor as your self.

    Well that's easy. I don't love or even particularly like myself.

     Dear Telmo,

        That sounds like a personal pathology. I feel badly for you.

Hi Stephen,

There's no need to feel bad. I have a tendency for depression but nothing serious. I suspect it's rather common. I can feel joy in many things and I can love other people, that's good enough.

Hi Telmo,

    I have my own difficulties that are similar. ;-)

--
Onward!

Stephen