On 08 Jan 2013, at 21:19, Richard Ruquist wrote:

At the most basic level reality is a discrete digital particle arithmetic
with no need for further calculations in a block universe.

I don't think so. particles are hgher level first person emergent phenomenon, from the symmetries brought by the Sigma_1 proposition, viewed with the material modalities (the probability one in the first person indeterminacy domain).

At a higher level it is analog
in the realm of quantum waves and fields
including the electromagnetic field and perhaps some bosons

And at the highest/physical level reality goes back to particles/ fermions

Possible. OK.

Bruno

yanniru.